After school came the farewells... sob sob...
So, after the last day of school, the farewells began... On my birthday morning, Krystal was due to leave and luckily my groceries came in time for April and I to make her an "Eggs Benny" breakfast, which was the theme meal of our year...
Within a few days most of the the teachers had gone. Including Maite who is pregnant and due in mid-August, so she'll be coming back with the baby in the Fall...
The only teachers/families who stayed until when I left on June 23rd were Mark (whose parents were visiting from Kitchener) and Nancy, Jean and Maggie, Isabelle and Anne and Yayi. As many times as was possible, Mark was taking the boat out fishing and I was lucky to be considered a friend enough to be invited along! (Great and generous friends I have up North!!!) I LOVE being out on the boat the sound and smell of the water reminds me SO much of home that I appreciate EVERY invitation I get, right up until my last day before leaving I was out fishing for a few hours instead of packing!
This is called the "Magic Spot" because it is rare that you go there and NOT catch a fish... On this day, Jean brought his daughter, Laio and her boyfriend, Louis who were visiting from Quebec City.
Check out that fish in the water!
Maggie, Jean's wife, caught a few fish that day.
Andrea, Mark and Nancy's middle child, is a beauty and very photogenic! She caught quite a few fish over that day and the day prior.
Isabelle on the other hand, was trying desperately to catch a fish, since it would be her last time in the north to do so, unless she comes to visit us!!! BUT over two days of being out, all she was catching was seaweed and rocks! Not her lucky day!
Here's the fish you saw on Louis hook above!
Yummy lunch... Fresh Arctic Charr sliced up and dipped in soya sauce! Delicious! You seriously have not tasted fish until you have it THAT way...
Check out that BEAUTIFUL orange colour!
Those were some excellent days, fishing for a few hours during the day and movie watching or suppers in the evening... The beginning of a wonderful vacation!
Within a few days most of the the teachers had gone. Including Maite who is pregnant and due in mid-August, so she'll be coming back with the baby in the Fall...
The only teachers/families who stayed until when I left on June 23rd were Mark (whose parents were visiting from Kitchener) and Nancy, Jean and Maggie, Isabelle and Anne and Yayi. As many times as was possible, Mark was taking the boat out fishing and I was lucky to be considered a friend enough to be invited along! (Great and generous friends I have up North!!!) I LOVE being out on the boat the sound and smell of the water reminds me SO much of home that I appreciate EVERY invitation I get, right up until my last day before leaving I was out fishing for a few hours instead of packing!
This is called the "Magic Spot" because it is rare that you go there and NOT catch a fish... On this day, Jean brought his daughter, Laio and her boyfriend, Louis who were visiting from Quebec City.
Check out that fish in the water!
Maggie, Jean's wife, caught a few fish that day.
Andrea, Mark and Nancy's middle child, is a beauty and very photogenic! She caught quite a few fish over that day and the day prior.
Isabelle on the other hand, was trying desperately to catch a fish, since it would be her last time in the north to do so, unless she comes to visit us!!! BUT over two days of being out, all she was catching was seaweed and rocks! Not her lucky day!
Here's the fish you saw on Louis hook above!
Yummy lunch... Fresh Arctic Charr sliced up and dipped in soya sauce! Delicious! You seriously have not tasted fish until you have it THAT way...
Check out that BEAUTIFUL orange colour!
Those were some excellent days, fishing for a few hours during the day and movie watching or suppers in the evening... The beginning of a wonderful vacation!
Labels: Outdoor Excursions

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home