I was thinking...
Always a scary thought, that is me thinking again... ha ha!
I was thinking about myself a little lately. Still in the process of figuring out and wondering why I do things and think things in a seemingly different way than many other people I know. I'm not saying that I am totally unique or special or better than people I know, I guess I feel I am just kind of "different". I feel like I have been blessed with a skill that I can take no credit for, since I think it is innate in me, not something I learned as far as I know or could recognize. An ability to disarm people very quickly, to make them feel a connection to me that has never existed before our first few minutes of meeting, but one that the person often thinks is there.
Okay, maybe I am saying this in a confusing manner, but PLEASE feel free to comment, as I am posting this mostly to get feedback from you, my dear, beloved readers. I don't know if anyone can really imagine the number of times I have been asked by people I have JUST met, "Where did we meet before? Because I am sure I know you from somewhere!" It seriously happens at LEAST once a week to me, and in almost ALL of the cases, these people are people that I have and could never have met before, due to geographics or whatever. I started to wonder, is it because I have a common looking face, or is it something else. I started to think today as I sat at the exhibition grounds listening to music after meeting Audra, a musician from Dartmouth who was entertaining throughout the day today. She asked me where we had met before and when I said we've never met before, she suddenly opened right up and we had quite a great conversation for around 10 minutes about life, music, teaching, and the such. I saw in her something I have seen with many people before, a willingness to open up, to talk and communicate deep thoughts, dreams and feelings with me, even within the first few minutes of meeting.
I feel fortunate for this. As I have discovered as I have pondered this whole situation over the last couple days, I LOVE people. NOTHING in this world means more to me then connecting meaningfully with people. Connecting beyond superficial acquainting, to knowing and understanding people's true feelings, thoughts and ideals. Usually this connection can only happen after immense trust is built over time, but I have been SO fortunate to put people at ease or something quickly, sometimes at a first meeting. I am a naturally curious person when it comes to people. And as I was thinking about it over the past few days, I find certain people (especially successful, passionate, confident women) intrigue me. I love to know them better so I might learn what makes them tick, and how they have arrived at the place where they are at, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, personally and professionally. I get inspired by these people and try to absorb what they share with me.
So, yeah, that's my thoughts for tonight... I have more specific things to say about this another day... In my journal last night I made a list of some of the significant people (women) that I have known throughout my 28 years, who have had a big impression on me. Some of you might not even know that you are on that list... But since it is 1:20 am on Friday and I am due to leave for Keji with Mom and Dad for two nights of camping in less than 24 hours, I had better get some sleep while I can!
Have a WONDERFUL weekend, and try to disarm the people you meet this weekend. You never know how incredibly enlightening an experience it can be until you try it.
I was thinking about myself a little lately. Still in the process of figuring out and wondering why I do things and think things in a seemingly different way than many other people I know. I'm not saying that I am totally unique or special or better than people I know, I guess I feel I am just kind of "different". I feel like I have been blessed with a skill that I can take no credit for, since I think it is innate in me, not something I learned as far as I know or could recognize. An ability to disarm people very quickly, to make them feel a connection to me that has never existed before our first few minutes of meeting, but one that the person often thinks is there.
Okay, maybe I am saying this in a confusing manner, but PLEASE feel free to comment, as I am posting this mostly to get feedback from you, my dear, beloved readers. I don't know if anyone can really imagine the number of times I have been asked by people I have JUST met, "Where did we meet before? Because I am sure I know you from somewhere!" It seriously happens at LEAST once a week to me, and in almost ALL of the cases, these people are people that I have and could never have met before, due to geographics or whatever. I started to wonder, is it because I have a common looking face, or is it something else. I started to think today as I sat at the exhibition grounds listening to music after meeting Audra, a musician from Dartmouth who was entertaining throughout the day today. She asked me where we had met before and when I said we've never met before, she suddenly opened right up and we had quite a great conversation for around 10 minutes about life, music, teaching, and the such. I saw in her something I have seen with many people before, a willingness to open up, to talk and communicate deep thoughts, dreams and feelings with me, even within the first few minutes of meeting.
I feel fortunate for this. As I have discovered as I have pondered this whole situation over the last couple days, I LOVE people. NOTHING in this world means more to me then connecting meaningfully with people. Connecting beyond superficial acquainting, to knowing and understanding people's true feelings, thoughts and ideals. Usually this connection can only happen after immense trust is built over time, but I have been SO fortunate to put people at ease or something quickly, sometimes at a first meeting. I am a naturally curious person when it comes to people. And as I was thinking about it over the past few days, I find certain people (especially successful, passionate, confident women) intrigue me. I love to know them better so I might learn what makes them tick, and how they have arrived at the place where they are at, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, personally and professionally. I get inspired by these people and try to absorb what they share with me.
So, yeah, that's my thoughts for tonight... I have more specific things to say about this another day... In my journal last night I made a list of some of the significant people (women) that I have known throughout my 28 years, who have had a big impression on me. Some of you might not even know that you are on that list... But since it is 1:20 am on Friday and I am due to leave for Keji with Mom and Dad for two nights of camping in less than 24 hours, I had better get some sleep while I can!
Have a WONDERFUL weekend, and try to disarm the people you meet this weekend. You never know how incredibly enlightening an experience it can be until you try it.

2 Comments:
HI!!
It's MM.....it will not allow me to log on ....$$%%#&**
I love your reflective thinking....you do have a very special gift of making meaningfyl connections...almost immediately....a rare guft....you take the time to actively listen...our world is such a busy place...you're the refreshing breath of fresh air!!!
Well, thanks but I HARDLY deserve credit for other people being at ease, as my NEW post confesses...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home