Saturday, September 02, 2006

I need inspiration!




So, I have this window in my front door and it has a very weird shaped window for curtains. So I came up with the idea of making a canvas painted hanging that could fit the already existing rods.





Now you can check out exhibit "B"... I had some help from Anne (another teacher) who sewed it up for me, and for the past week I have been trying to think of something- anything to paint on it. I am still unsure, so I would love some suggestions... I have lots of different colours, so that shouldn't stop me... Let me know what you think!

4 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

What about Nick Lachey ??? Just kidding----- I am so not creative or artistic---- I wouldn't even attempt to paint anything--- I like turtles, though, and the picture on your blog of the turtle in the shell, for its symbolism, but I guess you have to think what is meaningful to YOU!!!! Can't wait to see the finished product----

3:00 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

How about, since you're in the North..a nice tropical beach scene with lots of lovely blues and turquoises..nice warm colors that will take the chill off when you come home at night. Just a thought. Marsh

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like you are well on the way to making a curtain.
What about painting your Chinese sign?
You could paint a Newfie scene of row houses...or Nova Scotia sunset?
An iceberg? Tig?
Are you going to use tole paints or markers?
Have a good day of rest
love and hugs

2:11 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

These are all good idea... As for mom's suggestions, I like the idea of the row houses... I should have thought of that before I started... Maybe I can try painting it on the back, the part that shows inside of the house...

I am using some fairly high qual. fabric paints. I drew my design this morning and have bee painting all day... I'll post some pictures hopefully tonight of the finished project, but I may lose steam, and only be able to post a "work in progress" picture.

G.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page