Departures...
I just tuned into this show. It's about two dudes who take a year off from work to give in to "the travel bug". Funny actually since both Angela(my cousin) and I have ALSO done the same this year. I think it must be something that everyone has in them- yet depending on how life deals out the cards it happens for some and doesn't for others. I hear from many of my young married friends and family- it pretty much comes down to if you are dealt the card of marriage or the card of kids. Since when you are dealt either one you are more likely to have the card of financial prosperity lost in the couch cushions for a while.
I guess everyone might dream of the things they don't have, and since meeting the right person or having kids are a tad more hard to arrange on a whim, travel and time off from work ends up being the direction that us single mid-20 to 30 yr olds yearn for. For the young married/family folk, they dream of the freedom and adventure of travel which usually also comes with more fluid financial situation.
So, back to the show- they made a TV show and from what I am watching so far, looks like it's a pretty nice little show. It made me think about how I am sharing my adventure with others. I have been obsessively posting photos on Facebook but I have been feeling a little bit guilty about my NON-Facebook friends. I used to keep people in the loop so much with email updates but haven't done those in a while. I am thinking I need to start that up again.
I have realized that the focus of this year and the travel therein is all about people. People I know and miss and want to spend time with, and in a sense, new friends too. I have spent time a significant amount of time with family here in NS, a bit more time with dear friends in Ottawa, a West US Coast/Hawaii trip with a close girl friend from Ottawa, and then week and a half in Calgary connecting with some very significant old friends out there... It's been something I cannot explain but I am sincerely happy with how things have gone so far!
Next week, I will be heading out to Scotland. This trip is about spending some time adventuring with my parents. We are meeting up with a few different friends/ family as well. A friend of the family near Inverness, some distant relatives on the Isle of Man and then I know a few people closer to London that we will visit as well...
Time to go and get this day started... And hopefully the packing finished!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home