Summer's NOT over!!
So, if this had been any other year I would likely be taping up my final boxes, doing final family and friend dinners, packing bags that are already over- sized, and thinking through the planning things I have to get ready for my class... BUT NO. That is not my plight this year and it is SO refreshing! Instead, I am enjoying the sun, books, nephews (and family), house hunting, lounging in the mini pool, travel planning, music, my new sparkle pink bass, ummm, and just relaxing!
I have been taking as much time as I can over the last couple weeks to read my book(which sadly has not been much time with house hunting, cleaning up/cooking for the 'rents and general entertainment). This book is awesome, "Dreams from my Father" by Barack Obama. Needless to say it was published before he was in the Presidential race, so it was somewhat before he was famous, but boy does he ever have a way with words. I feel like I know him from this book- he is SO candid, open and shares his thoughts and experiences of his childhood, teenaged insecurities and young adult decisions and pathways. PLEASE check it out!
So, I have less than a month before my California/Hawaii/Calgary trip takes place and I am getting super excited! Lots to do before then and I hope I can figure out a way to pack super light... which I think will be a challenge since I am a "sweater" and go through a lot of shirts in the course of a week. West coast launderomat visit, hmmm, don't know if I scheduled for that!!
I am also including some pictures from my first few weeks home. My family, Seafest activities, concerts and of course a few fireworks too!

I have been taking as much time as I can over the last couple weeks to read my book(which sadly has not been much time with house hunting, cleaning up/cooking for the 'rents and general entertainment). This book is awesome, "Dreams from my Father" by Barack Obama. Needless to say it was published before he was in the Presidential race, so it was somewhat before he was famous, but boy does he ever have a way with words. I feel like I know him from this book- he is SO candid, open and shares his thoughts and experiences of his childhood, teenaged insecurities and young adult decisions and pathways. PLEASE check it out!
So, I have less than a month before my California/Hawaii/Calgary trip takes place and I am getting super excited! Lots to do before then and I hope I can figure out a way to pack super light... which I think will be a challenge since I am a "sweater" and go through a lot of shirts in the course of a week. West coast launderomat visit, hmmm, don't know if I scheduled for that!!
I am also including some pictures from my first few weeks home. My family, Seafest activities, concerts and of course a few fireworks too!

Labels: family, friends, pictures, summer holidays
3 Comments:
Hi,
So great to discover all your projects for this special year! I didn't visit your blog for a while...
Good luck with your first trip on the west coast and ENJOY!
Kisses from Maïté, the belgian in Montréal
Thanks Maite!!
My biggest news is actually I closed on a house today. My second offer was accepted and now I own a three bedroom bungalow... pretty exciting!
G.
Hi,
Just came back to your blog. Waaaw a house in Yarmouth! (I checked again on google map where is it in NS). You know how exotic this kind of place could be for a belgian...It's really beautiful to hear that Yarmouth is home for you. After 5 years in Montreal, I say that now I have two places I can call home Brussels and Montreal. And its very difficult.
We will have new great educational programmes at Blue Met and i'm looking for new contact in NS. Please send me again your email, I would like to send you more info about that. You can send it to me at maite.dehemptinne@bluemetropolis.org
Thanks and enjoy the rest of the summer.
M.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home