The Countdown is on.
Last weekend was very fun. Friday became a celebration filled day centered around the retirement of our beloved Principal, Jean Leduc. We had a surprise ceremony with the students in the morning, another staff only potluck, and then an evening old school dance party.
The weather also FINALLY turned warm and sunny, like summer had arrived. So, with the mix of fun and warm weather, my brain got tricked into thinking it was really holidays. Which it isn't yet. Not until June 19th.
Well, seems like everyone else is in agreement, although we've never discussed the feeling. Tempers are shorter than normal, comments are more snappy and abrasive, patience is thin. Students are sleepy or absent for the most part even though exams begin tomorrow.
I really am excited to be on my year off, starting in 11 days... I won't have to face tired kids, irritable co-workers or deadlines... for 13 months... As close to heaven as I can imagine!
The weather also FINALLY turned warm and sunny, like summer had arrived. So, with the mix of fun and warm weather, my brain got tricked into thinking it was really holidays. Which it isn't yet. Not until June 19th.
Well, seems like everyone else is in agreement, although we've never discussed the feeling. Tempers are shorter than normal, comments are more snappy and abrasive, patience is thin. Students are sleepy or absent for the most part even though exams begin tomorrow.
I really am excited to be on my year off, starting in 11 days... I won't have to face tired kids, irritable co-workers or deadlines... for 13 months... As close to heaven as I can imagine!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home