Sunday, October 08, 2006

Thanksgiving!

HAD to show you the persistance of the GORGEOUS white stuff. This is new from tonight. I wanted to get a full shot to show both the moon and beauty of the shine off the white ground, but my camera simply can't spread itself that much!!! LOL! I can't wait for there to be enough to drive my skidoo... At the end of the month, April and Trevor are supposed to get theirs on the sealift, so by then I really hope we have enough snow, since it is so much fun to go for evening drives or afternoon cruises through the trees and to "speed lake".

So, today, I woke up at around 10 or so... Last night was not super late, but late enough to require a bit more sleep in the morning than usual. I had a call from April around 11, and we decided that TODAY we would climb a mountain. You know because climbing mountains is just what you do when there are no shopping malls. You walk about mountains and talk about the shopping malls and grocery stores and the market... haha!

It was a very nice day though, chilly and there were a few flakes falling, wind cutting the skin of the face a little... The sun kept fighting to come out, and although it wasn't out very long it kept the day cheery enough to motivate us to walk all the way up to the water source lake. The end of the road that climbs the hill behind the school. At one point, my legs were burning from the hike, and I was SOOO happy when April said we should take a break... I was really feeling the burn but didn't admit that, kept telling myself, I can keep up, I will go go go... (I am only writing this now, since I didn't tell her today, and I know she'll read it so she won't think I am superwoman or anything!! haha) I love walking and I was feeling a little bit weary weather wise, but it turned out to be a great day. I don't even know how long we were gone, but it felt like maybe over an hour. We just talked and walked and talked more, it's such a good chance to get to know others, since it's not like you are busy doing something else.

I will see if I can drag her out tomorrow again, but might be tough with the turkey block sitting in our tummys and if our muscles give us pay back tomorrow for the workout today!! I think I am supposed to show her some of the ins and outs of blogs, and maybe also another computer program that she was thinking about using in her class. Better get up early tomorrow, lots of things on the agenda before we have to go back to work!!!

Oh, and I forgot to tell you all about tonight. I had a very nice turkey meal with Anne, Yayi, Erik and Eileen. Then at dessert time, we were invited to join Rhonda and Charlie and some others down at their house. We went down around 7, I think, and then after a bit of dessert, we decided to play a round of Cranium. I am two for two, my team last night won and then tonights team won too. CLOSE game though!! They were ONE away from getting us. I still can't believe I messed up the spelling of lascivious |ləˈsivēəs| adjective (of a person, manner, or gesture) feeling or revealing an overt and often offensive sexual desire

Maybe it is just my pure, clean, innocent mind that did not bother learning such an unclean word... haha... I am TOTALLY just trying to make a dig, at a certain mountain climbing friend of mine who knew that one right away!! LOL!! Human dictionary! (At least, April was on our team!! haha)

So, anyway, now I am home. Chatting with Heather and ready to head to bed!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Glad to hear that you had a great dinner - dessert and so on.
Kenneth cooked the turkey veggies and corn/broccoli this year as I had to work. He did a super job...and we even liked the mushrooms in the dressing.
Aunt Elaine and Uncle Doug popped in on their walk around town and got to say hi to Paul, Jess and Maggie before they left.
Called Nanny and she was good...more or less the same old same old.
Dad sleeping with the remote in hand afterwards.
You get the picture.
The only thing missing was you!
Love you - take care - hugs

8:26 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Awwww... you are too sweet... I missed you guys too and was gonna give you a call, but was late for dinner....

Glad it was a nice day... I think I should hire Kenneth to be my live in cook...

hmmm.. what an idea!
G.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page