Photos of Flurries
So, I don't know if I have mentioned this yet, but one day this week we had our first real snow. There wasn't much, but it was enough to stay on the distant mountains for a full 24 hours. Then the rain set in.
This is kind of the messy season. Weather is not the nicest, but it is exciting to know that the snow will soon blanket the tundra and allow our skidoos to frolic for a another year.
Tonight, I was at Pascal and Maite's for a games night. There were 6 of us and we had a very lively game of Cranium, there were a few highlights and one was certainly when Isa had to remember the ACTUAL name of "Skinnamarink", I mean she was dancing around singing the song and added a few syllables to it at first which made us all get the giggles... Boy our cheeks hurt from laughing, it was a great time! In the end, our crafty twosome came out on top! But we all won in a sense, since it was an absolute RIOT!
As I left, I was greated by full on winter style flurries! (see pictures below) Most of the town was probably already in bed, as I stood on my front step catching these shots at midnight. ENJOY!!! That is something I am thankful for! SNOW! It makes the landscape SOOOOO beautiful!



5 Comments:
Snow flurries---nooo!!! There are some things I just can't find the silver lining in, snow flurries being one of them---- are you talking about the song that Barney sings? sounds like you guys know how to have good times, and you're making friendships that will last a lifetime---- love to hear all about your adventures----
I am SOOOOO excited about it...
Even tonight, another light blanket of the WONDERFUL white stuff has made our town completely and utterly breath-taking!!!
I love how shiny and clean everything is under the huge round moon and clear sky of tonight. The crisp freshness of the air makes it so nice to be outside...
Ahhh, I am MADE for here!!!
G.
Oh goodness..I fear I will be now be not welcome here anymore. I do not like snow! Snow is cold, and wet, and damp. And you have to shovel it to get out of your house..
I know the first snowfall is pretty, but it gets pretty grungy after that.
Please, please forgive me.
Love, Marsh
We don't have to shovel much up here... A little bit around the shed door but we don't have driveways the same as down south... OUr winter vehicles are skidoos so they don't need clean drives to park in... hahaha
You can consider yourself forgiven for your dislike of snow... haha, BUT maybe this winter I will try to convince you that it's not SO bad!!
G.
SERIOUSLY.... I cannot wait Ice Fisher lady!!! I can't wait for camping!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home