My brain, stomach and face are in pain from the laughter!
It all started a little earlier in the day. I received a most wonderful package at about 11 am this morning. My long awaited MacBook. My class thought I was very silly when I hugged the box and wouldn't lay it down for a while. During my last period Biology class, I was checking out the different programs while my students were working on a Carbs and Lipids worksheet. Suddenly I couldn't contain my laughter and I was literally crying and losing it. They looked with concern on their faces and I apologized for completely distracting them. But the cause of my laughter couldn't be ignored, so I called them all to the front to check out the zany pictures I had just taken with my built-in webcam using a program called "Photo Booth".
My oh my were we ever laughing. We took picture of them with weird warping effects and then as the bell to indicate the end of school arrived I was greeted by many others students curious about the crying and laughing. I had a crowd gather and take part in the picture taking frenzy. A few minutes and about 80 shots later, I decided to spread the wealth. I went to the primary end to look for Krystal and April and when they were gone I caught Marie, Chris, Manon and Anne, along with 5 or 6 other primary students who had not gone home yet. We took many many more pictures and laughed so hard that my abs were burning! Manon realized she also had the program on one of her new classroom computers and so she and a few kids started to even make some shots there. The janitors even dropped their brooms and dust pans to partake of the excitement.
When I finally tore myself away from the computer and school, I came home had something to eat and called to check in with April and Nancy. Nancy and I decided to crash April's place and on the way I packed the computer in to show her what she missed on the first day she has ever left school before 6 pm!! The laughs began again and at this point I have to admit I really do not know why I am not a size 6 yet, because those abs have been flexing!!! The three of us were huddled on the cozy new couch and taking turns making retarded shots of ourselves. We forced Trev to let us take a few of him when he got home and then we even tried to stage a couple shots with Nancy after she fell asleep on the truly comfortable sofa! We were so close to taking a shot of Nancy with a fake mustache and 60 oz. Vodka, but she scratched her nose just as the shutter was clicking... as April and I were keeled over laughing our brains out.
I WISH I had the shots on this computer right now, but you will have to be patient. My new MacBook is at the school hooked up to the super speedy Internet connection downloading some software updates. I hope you will enjoy picturing this teeny bopper, crazy stunts that I lived today, with some great accomplices!
Good Night, headache from laughing too much!!
3 Comments:
Lots of laughing--- but what is a macbook? Can't wait to see the crazy pics--- great that you could share the hilarity with your students-- one of those just being human moments,, breaking down the barriers between teacher/student-- great post!! spreading the joy, just imagining the fun is fun!!
MacBook is a new version of the Apple computer's laptops. They are becoming more advanced every minute it seems and have lots of fun and useful built in features, including microphone, speakers, web cameras, etc. Maybe I can take a picture to show you my baby. Pixel flaw and all! LOL!
G.
Hey Nance-
It was a blast... I still laugh whenever I check out those pictures! Glad you were such a great sport when we were playing those pranks on you!!! Hahaha!!
G.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home