Thursday, September 14, 2006

Music Star Profile... Jack Johnson...

Ohhhhh baby, I think I'm in love!! LOL!! Forget Nick Lachey!!


Upload music at Bolt.

There is nothing he can do wrong (musically) in my eyes... I only really heard about this summer even though he has been around for many years. My brother, P, had some on my parents computer at home in NS and I just happened to listen and the love affair has begun. I uploaded one of the songs here, and I think it is working (unlike my last attempt with one of my own recordings?!)

I love his lyrics and the beat of his songs. They are driven, free spirited (check out the pic of him with flipflops riding a bike and the surfboard, I am sooooo swoooning as I type! LOL!!) and he and the songs are just so much fun. They are about ordinary old stuff and things that he sees or talks about in a special and creative way. Reminds me a little bit of John Mayer, but with a bit more maturity I think...

These songs, if you know any of his other ones, are definately toe tappers that get embedded in the "hypothalmatic region" of the brain... (PS I totally just made that word up, DR. PhD Mike will surely have to comment!!) Anyway, they get stuck in your brain but you totally don't care because they arer awesome songs.

They can easily be mistaken for simplistic, but they carry deep truths and messages. I chose one of them to put here... will post more when I have more time... Off to watch Survivor: Cook Islands.

Anyway, tonight was the first time I have seen pictures and just have to add... my love started with the sound of his voice and his heart, and it's icing on the cake now to find out he is such a looker!!! One last songs as you hit the road!
Upload music at Bolt.

5 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

I really like this guy--- had some problems with the first song playing through, but the second one was fine--- he reminds me of Ron Sexsmith--- in fact i'm going to limewire now to search for him- thanks----

6:50 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Hmmm, neat that your comment is making me head to limewire to check out Ron Sexsmith!!! Great exchange!

Later,
G.

8:10 PM  
Blogger mikki said...

Yes, Jack is purty cute!! I'd never heard of him before either, until Todd's son (Travis) introduced me to his music just a month or so ago. Travis is trying to learn a couple of Jack's songs on quitar; he has a really nice sound (Jack, that is... well, Travis does too *grin*)

10:14 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Yeah, I totally LOVE his sound!!
G.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Wow, I've got goosebumps! I always get goosebumps when I hear a song that moves me. Why have we never heard of him before..I must get some of his songs for myself.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page