Trying to get back!
Okay, so a few of my blogging buddies have revived their blogs and put the heat on me to get back in gear. To be honest, I've thought about you, blog, a lot and have written many articles in my mind during the winter... but just didn't quite get to typing them out, formatting them and adding the pictures... There was the "My 380 adventure" short story, all about the theme of "anti-aging" or freezing time, there was the "Cycles of the Moon" commentary on how people are much more connected to nature than they would likely ever want to admit, oh, there was the incredible Easter Break 4 day/5 night camping trip at Short Lake with my best friend's family, there was also the description of my parents visit in Early April, and an amazing Hip-Hop project that was taking place in mid-April for all of our secondary students that ended with a very incredible dance battle...
But alas, they all stayed in my brain without expression... So, I was actually glad to be sparked by these friends to start writing again.

I thought I would just quickly post a few pictures to tide you all over until I have a REAL chance to right something. This picture is of myself and Heather on the skidoo coming home from Qarlik tasingnga when my parents were visiting. Heather is my friend's daughter, and a total SWEETHEART! She calls me her big sister and gives me the best hugs.

This is a pic from my parents visit, same skidoo trip as the pic of Heather and me. I made a stop on this hill for a picture with the rusted old Bravo skidoo skeleton. It's the closest thing to a "tourist attraction" around here and Kenneth had his picture taken with it in 2003 or 2004 when he came for his visit.

I love this picture. I spent a fair amount of time setting it up in my mind. Daniel's dog team taking a break after a run with my class.
This last picture is from EARLY one Sunday morning, the day the hip-hop crew arrived. Mark needed a hand setting up his tent at Old Woman's Lake so we could take everyone there for an excursion the Wednesday afternoon. The previous night had been fairly mild, and as I went to bed I even saw some fog hanging in the air under the orange street lights. WHAT an incredible sight the next morning, glistening frozen water- fluffily glazing every tree branch between town and the lake. This is one shot of the interesting way the snow looked clinging to the trees backlit by a crisp sunrise. WELL worth the early weekend morning rise!! So, enjoy for now, hope to write something more later. I guess to conclude, all I have to say is, "I'm Back!"

I thought I would just quickly post a few pictures to tide you all over until I have a REAL chance to right something. This picture is of myself and Heather on the skidoo coming home from Qarlik tasingnga when my parents were visiting. Heather is my friend's daughter, and a total SWEETHEART! She calls me her big sister and gives me the best hugs.

This is a pic from my parents visit, same skidoo trip as the pic of Heather and me. I made a stop on this hill for a picture with the rusted old Bravo skidoo skeleton. It's the closest thing to a "tourist attraction" around here and Kenneth had his picture taken with it in 2003 or 2004 when he came for his visit.

I love this picture. I spent a fair amount of time setting it up in my mind. Daniel's dog team taking a break after a run with my class.

This last picture is from EARLY one Sunday morning, the day the hip-hop crew arrived. Mark needed a hand setting up his tent at Old Woman's Lake so we could take everyone there for an excursion the Wednesday afternoon. The previous night had been fairly mild, and as I went to bed I even saw some fog hanging in the air under the orange street lights. WHAT an incredible sight the next morning, glistening frozen water- fluffily glazing every tree branch between town and the lake. This is one shot of the interesting way the snow looked clinging to the trees backlit by a crisp sunrise. WELL worth the early weekend morning rise!! So, enjoy for now, hope to write something more later. I guess to conclude, all I have to say is, "I'm Back!"
Labels: Outdoor Excursions
2 Comments:
And a warm and fuzzy welcome back to you!!!
We missed so much!!! Can't let that happen again-- How wonderful that your parents were able to visit--love the pictures! Waiting for the next episode----
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home