What to say?
Hmmm... brain is having trouble thinking of what to say right now... BUT I want to keep in the habit if at all possible of blogging, so I determined to think of something to write about...
But as I type I have a weird feeling in my stomach... A feeling that there is something wrong with someone close to me... Maybe it is just the fact that I haven't had supper yet? But I really hate that feeling. We were talking the other night about having the sixth sense, and I never really thought about it before... Maybe that is causing me to be overly concerned about the "weird feeling"... Oh well, I guess I will know soon enough...
What to say... hmmm... I am really drawing a blank. My brain and body are still exhausted from the weekend. Fun weekend, but one of those weekends that you wish lasted one extra day to help you recover!
THe fog is thick and heavy, rolled in around 4 pm and that could be a part of the weird feeling I have in my stomach... Our school is however excited to finally get our new Secondary teacher this week, he should arrive in town on Friday, and hopefully will be teaching next week. The students will now have a full schedule and that is a good relief, having missed a full month and half of work so far!!!
Nothing else to say right now, for those of you on my "e-mailing list" that are reading my blog, drop me a line, or post a comment to let me know that you are out there!!!
Later, G.
But as I type I have a weird feeling in my stomach... A feeling that there is something wrong with someone close to me... Maybe it is just the fact that I haven't had supper yet? But I really hate that feeling. We were talking the other night about having the sixth sense, and I never really thought about it before... Maybe that is causing me to be overly concerned about the "weird feeling"... Oh well, I guess I will know soon enough...
What to say... hmmm... I am really drawing a blank. My brain and body are still exhausted from the weekend. Fun weekend, but one of those weekends that you wish lasted one extra day to help you recover!
THe fog is thick and heavy, rolled in around 4 pm and that could be a part of the weird feeling I have in my stomach... Our school is however excited to finally get our new Secondary teacher this week, he should arrive in town on Friday, and hopefully will be teaching next week. The students will now have a full schedule and that is a good relief, having missed a full month and half of work so far!!!
Nothing else to say right now, for those of you on my "e-mailing list" that are reading my blog, drop me a line, or post a comment to let me know that you are out there!!!
Later, G.
4 Comments:
My brain draws a blank at times when it comes to what to "blog" - but thanks for keeping us informed of your life in the north. It must be a challenge - I don't know how I would make out in such a remote place.
Take care - Jim
You must be in a kind of blog fog ! I get a kick out of reading the posts of your students--- funny how they think of us as the South--- and it's hard to believe these are secondary students--not just the writing, but the mindset--- do any of them go on to become professionals--- or does the cycle just continue--
I know what you mean... VERY few get "professional" degrees... To be honest I know of very very few who have studied beyond high school. Even some of the people with fairly advanced jobs, got those not from advanced studies but because they have had keen minds, and critical thinking skills...
In some cases, young adults who have graduated and have critical thinking skills are hired in professional settings and trained after being in the job. For example, INuit teachers attend training every summer, training that is connected to McGill university. After attending teacher training for many many years they might receive their teaching degree/certificate, but in many cases, the people never make it that far, but quit teaching and find another job, before they finish...
The school is a much criticized and stressful place to work in town, since it is often working against the grain and patterns of the community so it is used as the scapegoat for troubled kids...(ironically)
Unfortunately, in most cases, the vicious circle begins again... I think in some cases it is because they don't see anyone who sets goals and actually goes ahead and meets them...
I read your response to NanNan, and I can't help but wonder how you keep from feeling kind of despondant... It just seems like it would be such a huge challenge to stay excited about teaching, when you wonder how far the kids will go in life. Do you find it hard to keep motivated? It does sound like you are enjoying the teaching - good thing there's teachers like you in the world!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home