Picture Update from my holidays...
So, many people have been asking me. No, correction- begging me, to put some pictures from my holidays on my blog. Today, is your lucky day!
On Christmas Eve, after the parents got home from midnight Mass, we planned to follow through with the tradtion of opening ONE present before bed. BUT instead of stopping at one, we couldn't handle the wait and opened them all. Off to bed at probably 2 am, and the chance to sleep in a little on Christmas morning.
Christmas morning- since we only had stockings and a few presents from Paul and Jess to open. Kenneth and I started up one of his presents- a waffle maker to make some breakfast just before the parents were back from Christmas morning service. As you can see we filled it a bit too full!
As you can see, Kenneth got the hang of it in the end and everyone enjoyed the waffles! (Especially Dad!!!)
I was told afterwards that I probably have to throw out the red table cloth as a result of the major leakage and caked on lobster residue- so mom if you are on a sewing kick again let me know, I might get you making me a new table cloth. I'll send measurements!
So, having said all of that. It is good to be back to work. We are missing one of the teachers so if you know anyone looking for a job or willing to try a change of pace, PLEASE EMAIL! The job would be teaching mostly Secondary Social Studies courses. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
First Pic- The living room at home in Yarmouth, decorated before
I got home so it had a nice Christmasy feel.
On Christmas Eve, after the parents got home from midnight Mass, we planned to follow through with the tradtion of opening ONE present before bed. BUT instead of stopping at one, we couldn't handle the wait and opened them all. Off to bed at probably 2 am, and the chance to sleep in a little on Christmas morning.
Jessica (Paul's finacee) and their cat Harry were often up with Paul for visits.
They have a house just down the street from us,
but were probably sleeping as we were opening gifts.
Christmas morning- since we only had stockings and a few presents from Paul and Jess to open. Kenneth and I started up one of his presents- a waffle maker to make some breakfast just before the parents were back from Christmas morning service. As you can see we filled it a bit too full!
As you can see, Kenneth got the hang of it in the end and everyone enjoyed the waffles! (Especially Dad!!!)
Paul and Jessica then came up to open their presents and bring ours.
They brought Maggie their dog up too and Maggie was very excited with the homemade, all natural dog treats mom and dad got her. She kept grabbing it in her mouth
and trying to eat them all. It's neat because when she is finished, the bowl is also edible.
Paul didn't appreciate the "Hello Kitty" groom and bride that mom gave them.
But the good sport he is, he still smiled for the camera! (Or maybe Jess was pinching him!)
Kenneth also received a panini press.
(The year of the food preparation devices for our family!)
He made some delicious treats all week while I was home!
When sandwiches are pressed they taste soooooo good!!
I had a wonderful week and after being treated to the "Maple Leaf Lounge"
on my flight to Montreal, I arrived at my hotel where another fancy treat awaited!
My name in chocolate? Is this for real?
Flash ahead to Friday, Jan. 5- I invited over some of my closest friends
(not all since some were not back from holidays yet) for a Lobster feast.
We ate sooooo much food, due to the amazing appetizers that Nancy had prepared, so much so that no one had room for some of Krystal's dessert!
I was told afterwards that I probably have to throw out the red table cloth as a result of the major leakage and caked on lobster residue- so mom if you are on a sewing kick again let me know, I might get you making me a new table cloth. I'll send measurements!
So, having said all of that. It is good to be back to work. We are missing one of the teachers so if you know anyone looking for a job or willing to try a change of pace, PLEASE EMAIL! The job would be teaching mostly Secondary Social Studies courses. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Labels: pictures


4 Comments:
so it looks like all we did was eat and eat again.
I guess that more or less sums up the Christmas season in N.S.
Still no snow...lots of rain today
temperatures reaching double digits.BTW...we are almost done with season two.
Kenneth and I are feeling very LOST these days.
Have a great weekend...Love and hugs
Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures. You live such a full life,I really look forward to reading your blog.
Take care...
Hi MOM-
well, I guess we did eat over the holidays, but actually I found it was more frequent small snacks! I guess without the snow, what else could we do... oh wait, maybe watch LOST...
FF- Glad you enjoy reading... I also am happy that you like leaving coments too! I love comments...
G.
Great pictures-- thanks--- it all went by so fast--good times have a way of doing that--Funny about the Christmas Eve opening--- makes sense once the Santa drama is over-- -- We've been doing that for years, a throwback to the days when we'd have Jason and Jeremy over for Christmas Eve, and then it became our tradition--- nice sleeping in when there are no little ones to get excited about! I guess that teacher didn't make it back!! I think i want one of those sandwich pressers, ,,, and the waffle maker,,, which would eventually end up in the barn with the other kitchen appliances I just had to have,, like that juicer,,, popcorn maker,,,etc. But those waffles sure look good!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home