Posting Pictures from Today
This shot was taken down near the beach over looking the brick building that April and Trevor lives in.(and I used to live in my first year in the North) The beach is at the south end of town.
I was on my way home when I stopped beside a house that is near the church. The sight I was looking at kind of reminded me of the row houses in St. John's that I took pictures of last Easter due to their striking, colourful arrangement. I found that today the colours of the houses blended in such a vibrant and fascinating way that I stopped my skidoo, turned around, climbed on top of a snow bank and started clicking!
Above is another shot of the beautiful colours of town. I am facing North and I want to point out the odd, nose shaped mountain peak in the distance on the right side of the shot. That is the one that shows up sometimes in my pictures from out of my classroom window, as that mountain is directly behind the school.
As I was skidooing home with Pascal and Maite after our short run on the tundra, we saw the smokey streak of a plane passing in the otherwise solid blue sky. It was fun to watch (even though I almost hit a small rock on the trail for lack of concentration) and it made me wonder if it was a flight bound for Europe or some far off land?
High tide is interesting now. Ice chunks come in, ice chunks go out. In the Spring these pieces are sometimes almost double my height, a very impressive sight to see!
It seemed like a day that everyone was out. Many of the other teachers went out for the day or overnight on a camping trip, this fellow passed me on his way to climb the Inuksuk mountain overlooking the George River.
As you start the fishing season by going out by boat, our boats are now ground in lieu of skidoos for fishing!
The following picture is a picture Pascal took of me today when we were driving north of the airport.
Last one is only a new picture for my profile...

Labels: pictures

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home