Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wonderful day to be Alive...


SO, it's Hump Day in the FIRST full week of school. The lack of light these days is soooo draining that I am dead by 8:30, and should technically head to bed then, since at about 10 pm I get a second wind and tend to stay up too late for my own good!

It feels as though the new year was being rung in about a month ago, and that I have been back up north for months now- not just a week. YIKES! Does that mean I am in for a LONG winter or what!?

So, today, I was so excited as I left school at 6:30 tonight... The snow was that kind of slow motion, big floaty flakes... It looked like I was in a snow globe after the some of the flakes have settled for a bit and only the gentle ones are left... And then as I tilted my head upward to enjoy the sight, I had the joy of one especialy large flake landing on the tip of my nose. I never realized how exciting it could be, but I don't think I have had one land like that before, and it was so weird and cool to watch it soooo upclose, and feel it slowly dissolve... Very nice way to relax at the end of the day...

Something else cool happened that I wanted to share but at the moment I can't remember what it was! So, I should let you all go! To enjoy the wonders of 2007...

4 Comments:

Blogger Tuffysmom said...

Wow, you make it all sound so beautiful.
I'm afraid I'm not much of a winter person, but I think that's more my age talking.
It's very uplifting reading your blogs..thank you.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the picture of the snowflakes.
Still none here...more rain!
Though it is getting colder.
Have a great weekend.
Love you - hugs

10:36 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Mmmm, crispy wraps... I'll have to go to the store and buy the ingredients for that today because now you are making me crave one...

Only thing I don't think I could make is the THINLY sliced vegetables... I saw my brother cut some stuff up and MAN he could make it thin!

G.

10:07 AM  
Blogger NanNan said...

I can't imagine trying to function without light-- it's so much a part of our biorthythm-- my rhythm is slow enough as it is-- January is Hump month--- stick in there!!! I love your new photo thingie-- what program did you make it with? Now go get some sleep!!!!!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page