Better late than never!
Guess that should be my theme for this summer! That was not only my team name for the dory races, but it is also what I felt this morning. A few days ago I made a lunch date in the real world with my blog buddies and I was the one who was late! No excuses really... except that I was up so late reading and replying to blogs that I slept in and then I was watching "Clean Sweep" and editing pictures on my laptop so I could bring them on my iPod and suddenly I looked at the clock and realized I had 10 minutes to get dressed, brush my teeth, get dad home, AND get down to lunch on time.
Of course, in such a rush I put on the shirt that is a flattering cut but shows sweat stains WAY too easily and had to abandon myself to a lunch with now shame as the sweat creeped almost all the way around my neck LOL. I wish I didn't perspire so much, but what can you do! It looks gross but hey, at least it doesn't smell... (and I wonder why I don't have a boyfriend! hehehe) I think I am really well suited to the north in that regard.
Lunch was excellent, enjoyed getting together with S and C... I am still amazed at how much alike S and I think! Blogs are nice like that, you say what you really think and feel, the things that you might hesitate to say when you are with someone, maybe things that you don't think they would be interested in listening to, or things that you think are so weird and out there that everyone would judge, when really you might not realize how much everyone else are in the same boat and are just desperately seeking someone that they can relate to...
So, blog away my friends, get off your chest all the crap that is holding you back from being yourself, or keeping you from being totally free and at peace...
(as I digress endlessly, I hear the grandfather clock toll from the living room and remind me that time is escaping me... cardboard boxes, which are destined to be filled, are still lying emptily on my basement floor soaking in the dampness and groceries, which are ordain to give me energy as I work those long days at school, are still in their bags... I must go work, seize the day, even though I'd rather be blogging! hehehe What a great slogan for a t-shirt! "I'd rather be blogging"... oh you know what you are getting for Christmas now! hehehe... Stop fingers from typing... the packing tape is calling.... gotta.... goooo..... pack....)

2 Comments:
You are very kind to say that.
Lunch was fun. My brother and his fiancee just took us out for supper too. Marco's is quite yummy!
CAT goes in almost exactly 24 hours now (9 pm tomorrow night) wish the packing was done- there is soooooo little left, but it's so hard to just FINISH!
I'm already missing you--- but since I awoke so late this morning, I was too worried about my wet hair to notice anything wrong with your clothing----- crazy how we worry about the nonessentials that nobody even notices until we ourselves point it out!!!! That is a great slogan, you should patent it!!! Have a good trip and don't forget us!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home