Pictures from the past week or so...
Most of these pictures were taken this week on the first EXTREMELY sunny day. It was so gorgeous that instead of staying inside catching up on my work, I donned the snowpants and goggles and went for a two hour ride with (L to R) Marie, April and Krystal. We had no destination or plan, but just drove, took pictures, and chatted.
The following day I was driving by my principal's house and he was outside working so I stopped to chat with him for a few minutes. One of the things we discussed was the fact that up here one of the nicest things is the sense of freedom you get when you go out of town by skidoo. NOTHING like skidooing down south where there are a thousand and one laws and licenses you need to do it...
I have certainly been spending my fair share of time outdoors!!! Another day, afterschool (now that the sun is still up when we leave after work, unlike before the clocks changed) we (Krystal, Nancy, April and I) went for a short ride to meet up with Mark and the dog team. I tried to get some good shots since Mark can never take shots of himself, while he is mushing!

Labels: Outdoor Excursions
3 Comments:
Lovely pictures...and the dog sled team...too bad there were power lines (kind of spoiled the total beauty)
Ticking off the days, minutes etc. until you come home.
Take care - hugs
mom
Yeah I know what you mean... when I was taking those pics I was thinking of how dad always says the waterfront pics of the past were always ruined by power lines.... LOL!
By the way mom, dad got 134... don't know if he told you. So, I am tempted to tell him I got the same since that was my score the second time when I paid more attention to the math section... I hate to admit he might have beat me...
For anyone who didn't check it out, go to the www.cbc.ca website and try the "Test the nation" IQ test... They had an interactive TV program about it, it was fun, results show is soon I think, and you could do the quiz online and your results were used in making the comparison...
I am just waiting for Daniel and Annie to call to leave for camping. We (Krystal and I) were supposed to go to meet Mark and nancy and the fam at Alain's cabin near Koroc, but since Daniel arrived home from Ivakkak they decided to stay to meet up with him at Short Lake...
Hope you all have a fun Monday!
G.
These are fabulous pictures as usual !! Breathtaking in more than one sense of the word--- these days are so rich and vital - so much living -- you're on the final stretch for this year-- I can feel the eager anticipation in your mom's words--- oh, yeah, the wedding in April!! looking forward to seeing you again--
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home