I want to write...
Ok, so this week has been super refreshing. (I say that now, but of course, a few days ago I would have been wondering more if I would have premature baldness because of all the reasons to pull my hair out!) In hindsight though, from the things that really matter this week, it was truly top-notch!
The weather, which for Canadians is such an important, no make that a fundamental factor in our deeming a day good or not, was mild, yet crisp, snowy, yet kind of sunny, and wonderfully wintery! And in the work front, which also seems to be a consumer of the majority of my time, it was just great. My students had super attendence and we had many days of really enjoyable learning and memory making. I love my students, even with their emotional, hormonal, irrational, moody ups and downs, I really love them. Then came Thursday afternoon.
Thursday afternoon, Isabelle, made a very "belle"(beautiful for all my unilingual readers, haha) gesture of arranging a writing workshop with Monique Polak (google her if you want to know more). She had been working with Isa's class all week and had an afternoon where she could visit mine instead. What a VIBRANT, LIVELY, EXCITING lady she was!!! If for nothing else, (which I say tongue and cheek since I KNOW my students got a lot from her presentation) she gave me a new passion for writing and expressing myself in text, as you all know I LOVE, but had been losing the spark increasingly. She talked with such enthusiasm about reading and writing, about her struggles and successes as she pursued publishing a novel, and gave ideas and tips about how ANYONE can write. The wheels in my mind were going non-stop as I thought through ideas I had had in the past for plays and short stories... As well as the comments from so many of you about how I should write about my experiences up here. I realized that I need to keep on, and not give up on it. I need to push myself to continuously find things around me to share to you, if for nothing else but to keep my skills sharp and possibly refine and improve them.
So, on that note, I will leave you with a short piece... a wonderful rant, which MIGHT be based on a true happening from tonight but MIGHT also NOT be.... hehehe... BUT maybe you've been there before...
My teeth were gripping so hard to one another that I felt as though I might actually crack my molars in two. My knuckles white as my fists were clenched tightly, cutting off circulation to my digits which were cold from being outside without mitts in the -30 arctic Quebec winter, but was this frustration really worth it. I mean, people tend to fall into rather predictable groups all across the world. There are the helpers and the needers, the givers and the takers, the optimists and the pessimists, the complainers and the... I don't know what would be the opposite of that, and last but not least, the drama queens (and kings), who do everything for show, and the introverts, who try to sneak around as undetected as a ptarmigan in the trees down wind from a hungry hunter. I know I am a helper/giver, so why does my blood boil when people are not like that too. Those damn takers, I know that I couldn't exist as a giver without them, but why do they have to be so arrogant at times.
So, instead, I will forget it, let the blood rush back in my fingers, which will surely warm them up, and try to slowly unclench my teeth. Breathe in, breathe out... And more importantly, my spirit will warm as my body regains circulating lifeblood.
Oops, just noticed Mark going outside to get packing. I promised him I would help. Planning on going camping tomorrow, that'll give me some much better material to work with, sorry for the lameness above! Ciao!!
The weather, which for Canadians is such an important, no make that a fundamental factor in our deeming a day good or not, was mild, yet crisp, snowy, yet kind of sunny, and wonderfully wintery! And in the work front, which also seems to be a consumer of the majority of my time, it was just great. My students had super attendence and we had many days of really enjoyable learning and memory making. I love my students, even with their emotional, hormonal, irrational, moody ups and downs, I really love them. Then came Thursday afternoon.
Thursday afternoon, Isabelle, made a very "belle"(beautiful for all my unilingual readers, haha) gesture of arranging a writing workshop with Monique Polak (google her if you want to know more). She had been working with Isa's class all week and had an afternoon where she could visit mine instead. What a VIBRANT, LIVELY, EXCITING lady she was!!! If for nothing else, (which I say tongue and cheek since I KNOW my students got a lot from her presentation) she gave me a new passion for writing and expressing myself in text, as you all know I LOVE, but had been losing the spark increasingly. She talked with such enthusiasm about reading and writing, about her struggles and successes as she pursued publishing a novel, and gave ideas and tips about how ANYONE can write. The wheels in my mind were going non-stop as I thought through ideas I had had in the past for plays and short stories... As well as the comments from so many of you about how I should write about my experiences up here. I realized that I need to keep on, and not give up on it. I need to push myself to continuously find things around me to share to you, if for nothing else but to keep my skills sharp and possibly refine and improve them.
So, on that note, I will leave you with a short piece... a wonderful rant, which MIGHT be based on a true happening from tonight but MIGHT also NOT be.... hehehe... BUT maybe you've been there before...
My teeth were gripping so hard to one another that I felt as though I might actually crack my molars in two. My knuckles white as my fists were clenched tightly, cutting off circulation to my digits which were cold from being outside without mitts in the -30 arctic Quebec winter, but was this frustration really worth it. I mean, people tend to fall into rather predictable groups all across the world. There are the helpers and the needers, the givers and the takers, the optimists and the pessimists, the complainers and the... I don't know what would be the opposite of that, and last but not least, the drama queens (and kings), who do everything for show, and the introverts, who try to sneak around as undetected as a ptarmigan in the trees down wind from a hungry hunter. I know I am a helper/giver, so why does my blood boil when people are not like that too. Those damn takers, I know that I couldn't exist as a giver without them, but why do they have to be so arrogant at times.
So, instead, I will forget it, let the blood rush back in my fingers, which will surely warm them up, and try to slowly unclench my teeth. Breathe in, breathe out... And more importantly, my spirit will warm as my body regains circulating lifeblood.
Oops, just noticed Mark going outside to get packing. I promised him I would help. Planning on going camping tomorrow, that'll give me some much better material to work with, sorry for the lameness above! Ciao!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home