Saturday, December 02, 2006

13 Lucky Days until Christmas Holidays!

Well, I think if I was to do a poll of all of the staff at school this week they would have lmost all agreed that it was by far the most difficult, long and arduous week of the year so far. Students were going crazy, overtired and hopped up on sugary slushies a recent addition as a result of some renovations at the Northern Store...

Needless to say, I think I was also overtired myself, having trouble to sleep each night, usually only dozing off after midnight each night. I couldn't seem to fall asleep and so I just would lay there or try reading to make myself tired but to no avail. I hope to catch up this weekend, but last night our bi-weekly games night took place and for some reason everyone was in a games mood and we were up playing games until 4:30 am. It was a weird night, but as the time went by I seemed more and more awake. Pascal (one of the hosts) had created a game on the computer using close ups of pictures and we guessed as teams what the objects were as the shots zoomed out. We did good and had lots of laughs. Nelson also brought a game called something like "werewolf"... He explained the game in French so I am not 100% sure what it is called. It was very similar to a game I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE playing in Ottawa called "Mafia". Each person gets a "character" on a card and must keep it secret, each round is like a day and night and there are two werewolves who kill the others on per night. Then during the day everyone tries to figure out who is the werewolves and then try to lynch them... Peasants try to win by killing both werewolves before they get killed off themselves... We had fun, but only played that once at the start of the evening- we could have really benefitted from a second game of it but people were pretty hyper!

Hmmm... not much else to say. The snow has been very consistent, some falling almost everyday. We are getting a lot more than last year, which is good. Last year was a very tough year on the skidoo, it turned too cold for snow very abruptly so we had only a little bit on the ground and no new stuff throughout the wintertime. I think we will have a lot more pleasant amount this year that will hopefully help the snow last till the end of May/beginning of June unlike last year when it was almost totally melted away by early May.

Pictures now, I tried to take some today...







So this afternoon I dropped into the school where there was a flea market happening as a fundraiser for a secondary exchange trip. there were quite a few people there, and my fabourite little baby girl, Vanalena. Vanalena is Nancy's niece's daughter, and I love how sweet and snuggly she is. I can make her giggle pretty easily.











So I added a few Christmas lights to my front window. The neighbours across the street have lights across their whole roof. After the flea market I went driving around for a while. The pic on the right is from down by the river.





And near the end of my ride i was at the top of a hill that I like to call "lookout point" and thought I just had to try to capture the town with the funky sky. Didn't turn out as nice as it looked to me, but you get the idea! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

I can't imagine the real thing looking better than that bottom picture-- surreal, magical!
Only 13 days--woohoo!! How long is your vacation?? Looking forward to seeing you for real!!
Fun games-- we used to play a lot of family board games-
Can't even imagine it being too cold for snow!! So far, the weather here has been fantastic-- counting down the days!!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Funnyface said...

Hope your able to get more sleep this week. I know the feeling,I haven't had a good nights sleep since I started with this cold.
Games night sounds like a blast!!!We use to play cards on Sat.nights back in the day.But everyone is so busy this time of year, with fishing, we don't get to do much.
I always enjoy your pictures, they are beautiful.
You take care and have a wonderful week :)

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we lived up North, we used to play board games every weekend. It was really such fun. Now, we never do....sigh....
Glad you're getting good ski doo weather!
Marsh

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page