Wednesday, August 02, 2006

August 2... I made a mistake!

During the past few posts I have been saying that I start work on the 18th, but in fact it is early this year- August 14th!! YIKES!! It is coming SO quickly, and although I am excited, I know that I still have a lot of work ahead of me before I can say that I am ready! WHERE did the summer go! By the time you actually start to loosen up, relax and get a nice routine happening- wake up, small breakfast, go for an hour power walk, shower, eat lunch, shop, pack, relax with family, post a blog entry, go to bed- you have to go back to the insanity of work. (now reading about Mike's schedule, I guess it isn't that INSANE what I do, but I know I still work WAY too much, ahhhh the life of a teacher, right girls?) Yep, so I actually start the trip back up North on Sunday evening by taking the CAT to Maine. My dad and I will stay at a hotel somewhere in Maine then drive up to see my little brother Kenneth in Ottawa by Monday evening. On Tuesday, we will pack up much of Kenneth's things into the car (since he is moving home in September), then in the evening after celebrating his 23rd birthday with him we will go and spend Tuesday night in Montreal. I jump on the plane on Wednesday morning to return to the GREAT white north. So, much packing to do before then. I am allotted 75 kg (about 150 lbs.) of personal effects every year, so I have to have those boxed up and ready to be picked up ASAP. It's a pain in the butt to do it, but I know that it helps me to save money on some of the seriously overpriced goods that I KNOW I will need. (For example, the cheapest small box of clothes detergent up north costs 20$ whereas the same down here is only 5 or 6 bucks!) Other things like contact solution are things you simply CANNOT buy up there because neither of the two stores sell it... which reminds me, I haven't bought any yet, shoot, I thought I was done shopping! LOL Better let you go! If any of you locals are interested in getting together on Saturday for lunch or coffee, let me know either by telephone (numbers in the book under dad's name) or by this...

3 Comments:

Blogger NanNan said...

Would LOVE to see you Saturday--- choose the place and time, and I'll be there--- You must be feeling really cheated out of those four days---- I'm still on that teacher schedule feeling, and Aug. first feels like being at the top of the ferris wheel-- the descent begins-- but Aug.14, that's just too soon-- your ride wasn't long enough!!!!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Gillian said...

You're back early?? (Don't get me wrong it's nice to see you online! especially since Connie is off until Friday and so I feel all alone! hehehe

I am flexible for places, however I am pretty biased to Brunos/ Ceildelh Cafe on Main if you like it? To beat the rush how would 11:30 sound? I am seriously flexible so let me know if that doesn't sound good... It would be fun to see you!

11:06 PM  
Blogger NanNan said...

Sounds good-- that's my one day kidfree-- I'll leave Frank to do the cleaning out camper bit--anyone want to join us???

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page