Quotations for the Dreamers Among Us
“ A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight,
and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde (Irish Poet, Novelist, Dramatist and Critic, 1854-1900)
I love dreaming, day- dreaming or night-dreaming, that world that exists only in my own mind. If only others could see it at times, it would cause very interesting discussions to take place on this side of reality. However, it also gives me comfort that some of the most spectacular things I have seen or that I imagine are for my eyes only, for I need not explain myself to those who don't understand. For in the right time and place, I believe I will understand all those things which I have seen and they will come alive.
I once had a dream that I was looking up to a shining blue sky. On either side of me were steep cliffs, so close together that I felt as though I was in a crack. As I looked up, I was not afraid or worried, I was just dazzled by the brightness of the sky and coolness of the wet, dark rock on either side of me. As I watched, I felt drops of water fallings onto my face and into my eyes. The water was cool and felt refreshing as it dribbled down my cheeks and neck. I remembered the vividness of this dream and held it in my heart for a few years.
In 1997, I graduated from high school. I was not too sure what I was interested in studying at university or what field I would like to work in, so I accepted an offer from the local Rotary Club to go as an exchange student to Germany for 1 year. I felt as though it would be a good opportunity, but still was a little bit afraid and worried that maybe I was not choosing the best route for my life. During the Easter Holidays, my host parents rented a flat in a community in the mountains around Lago di Garda. We drove in their Beamer from Northern Germany to the town in Northern Italy, which was one of the most incredibly scenic drives I have every been on. At one point the road narrowed and weaved in and out of the rocky cliffs just south of the Alps, we stopped in one neat rocky tunnel and talked a little bit about the engineering strategies behind the building of those roads (my host father was an architect). I looked up above that road to see how high the mountains were around the road and my heart skipped a beat. I automatically recognized the scene from my dream. Water drops hit my face and I felt so warm inside. I felt as though God was reminding me of the dream and was telling me that in fact I HAD chosen the right path for my life. I was in the right place, at the right time and that it was all planned far in advance. What comfort that those dreams we have can bring.
2 Comments:
Amazing moments like that are gifts, encounters with God--- and a vision of the concept of eternity-- no beginning, no end, so what is time, but the measure of the setting of the sun-- and when there is no time, is there sequence of events? Is there such a thing as past, present, or future in the absence of the measure of time??? And for you, the dream was a divine confirmation- that you are on the right path-- keep dreaming!!!
Well, if you love dreaming
Dream, dream
May your life be
like one joyous dream!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home